Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Monday, February 15

Mousecapades

We have mice in the box we're living in.  I think I've mentioned that.  And I've hinted at the crazy mousey things that have happened.  So now I'm here to tell you about them.  Oh, I should say that I have seen at least 1 mouse.  Shortly after this happened I was laying on the couch when I felt something on the cushion.  I put my hand down and felt something smooth and long.  I jumped about a foot, and let me tell you that is NOT easy while laying on your side.  Turns out it was just my headphones on my ipod, and had fallen out of my pocket.  But it was still traumatic.

Also I am not usually a squeamish person with animals, but I don't want them in the house.  And I don't want them to touch me.  At the same time I really don't like traps, because I don't like seeing them dead.  Hopefully if they ever catch anything I will be away until it's cleaned up and disposed of.  I'm not sure which is worse.  Living with mice or having them dead in the kitchen.  Eeewww.

Today's Exploits:

Pink Stringy Thing
One of the guys showed up in the trailer the other night with a pink stringy thing that one of the drillers made.  I think it's supposed to be a whip, but it's braided pink string.  My roomies were very entertained by this pink stringy thing.

Also one of the guys finally got some mousetraps for the trailer.  So of course mice and the pink string thing became the topic of conversation.  Gene decided that he wanted to catch a mouse and tie the pink stringy thing to it's tail and keep it as a pet.  They all thought this was a very clever idea and went into more detail than I wish to remember. 

The next morning I woke up and went to put water on for my tea.  The pink stringy thing was tied to the fan with a paper bag hanging on the end.  I'm pretty sure they didn't catch anything, but I avoided the bag as much as possible.  I had no desire to see whatever it was they thought funny enough to display in that bag.  Ew.

Toe Traps:
I believe that I've mentioned that the day DD and night MWD don't much like each other.  Here's another example of this animosity:

The DD thought it would be funny to put all the traps next to the door that leads to the "MWD bedroom".  I know the MWD is pretty alert when he wakes, otherwise I probably would not have allowed this. 

That night when I was getting ready for bed, I tried to move them back to the kitchen.  I touched the first one and it snapped.  I squeeked and jumped back about 3 feet.  My hand felt a little shocked, but there were no marks thankfully.  I made the guys move the other two. 

Morning Snarkyness:
The evening after the trap snapped at me the DD told me he put a trap in the lower bunk, so I'd know what it was if it snapped in the night.  (The lower bunk is the one the MWD sleeps in.)  That I was not to impressed with, so the next morning when he was snarky with me about the temperature of the trailer I told the MWD.  I'm pretty sure someone would have gone to the ER for that one.  Either broken fingers or broken nose...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative