Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Tuesday, March 2

"Run Off"

Today was a little stressful.  Mostly for the guy working days, but a little for me as well.  I have been staying up nights, as much as I can, in preparation for when we actually start drilling.  (I've been here at the rig 4 days now.)  Today they finally picked up our tool for the first run. 

I slept a couple hours on the couch, because there was nothing better to do last night.  Then I stayed up, catnapping in the office chair thinking that I'd be needed to move tools soon.  I did this for another couple hours.  Finally they were ready for us, at 2:00 pm.  So I jetted off the rig floor as fast as I could to catch some sleep in a BED!

Today's Exploit:

I got up at 5:30 so I had time to eat and wake up before my shift started at 6:00.  I learned from the other MWD that one of the sensors had been hooded up incorrectly, so the first test they did didn't work.  He was a little flustered.  So he got everything going correctly and asked the Company Man to fill the pipes and test again. Mr. Company Man didn't like that much and told the Day guy that if the tool didn't work he would be run off the location. 

It makes me think of someone being chased out of town by a bunch of people on horses, whooping and hollering. 

I'm sure it's no quite this dramatic, but that's what I envision. 

He told me that I might also be run off, by association.  I was kinda hoping that it would happen.  I think it would be rather funny. 

Now, a couple weeks ago I probably would not have thought so, but since this was really nobody's fault and I would not get blamed, I wanted to see what it was like. 

Sadly, we figured out what was wrong: a glitch in the software.  But don't tell the Company Man.  What he doesn't know can't hurt us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative