Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Thursday, July 8

Sleepless

I’m back on a rig. Therefore, theoretically, I should be more consistent in posting. Hopefully.

Yesterday the night mudlogger came in asking for a flash drive he’d left.

Mudlogger: You shouldn’t be here.

Me: ??

Mudlogger: Because I have a heart condition.

Me: Uh…

Mudlogger: And you’re pretty.

Me: …

Mudlogger: I was told that you have a sense of humor and I can tease you.

Me: Oh… Ha. Ha.

Today’s Exploit:

Last night I was finally able to go to bed before 11:00. The past few nights have been pretty stressful trying to get equipment working, and worrying that something will go wrong. By the time I got off “work” I had everything working smoothly, and was almost caught up with paperwork. I went to bed thinking I could sleep a little longer and finish it in the morning.

At 1:22 I lived a scene from a scary movie.

In movies, it seems that the protagonist will be violently woken in the middle of the night. After getting to sleep, he or she will have a nice peaceful rest for a short time. Suddenly something will happen and the character will start, sitting straight up, before opening his or her eyes.

I always thought that this was an overdramatized movie trick.

Last night it is exactly what happened to me.

I was sleeping peacefully. Amazing considering the squeaking, clanking, buzzing and roaring that goes on out here.

Suddenly: BAM! BAM! BAM! YOU NEED TO CALL JUSTIN!

I was sitting straight up after the first knock, my eyes opened after the second, and I was somewhat concious after the third.

Chad: We got one survey after circulating twice, but this second one won’t come up at all. I’ve been on the phone with OSC and they said we need to call Justin.

Me: Have the auto…

Chad: Gone

I called to let Justin know what was going on. I’m sure he was just as excited as I was about being awake at 1:24.

Me: Hi Justin, I just called to let you know. Mffg mumble prregt survey problems.

Justin: Ok. Mumble grumble mffrg auto surveys?

Me: Chad left before I could ask. I’m going to see what’s happening. I’ll let you know.

Justin: Ok.

I’m sure we both mumbled and made much less sense than this, but I was still half asleep and this is what I remember.

The following half an hour is rather hazy, but I remember bright lights and finally getting a little blue box on the computer screen. Thank goodness for auto surveys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative