Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Monday, July 12

Oh, The Heat!

My work computers have a program that allows access by other computers. The Directional Driller on this job has been using this program to monitor the angle and direction of the well. At first he was pretty good about just looking, but lately he’s started to move windows around, and make changes to my logs.

I find this very irritating, and finally had enough when he did it while I was working in another program on that computer. I had to shut him out. Luckily I can check a box that lets him see, but not touch, or move, or change. I love that little checked box.

Today’s Exploit:

I am still attempting to run every day. But things have gone down hill since the rain. The following day I couldn’t go because my shoes were still wet. After that I ran, but I’m pretty sure it was a shuffle that was slower than my walking pace.

That day I went right after work. I don’t know what the temperature was, but it was hot enough for me to drip sweat while sitting in the shade. But I ran as much as I could.

I was doing alright, until I stopped for a break. That’s when I felt the heat kick in, mostly in my face. And my head felt like it was going to explode. I couldn’t escape, because it was 158 degrees in the shade, with 182% humidity.

I walked the rest of the way.

Last night I waited until almost eight to start. It helped tremendously. And the breeze picked up when I was almost finished. It was amazing! I have decided that I love the wind. I’ll probably hate it again when I visit home in cool weather, but for now it’s my bestest friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative