Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Friday, July 9

And Another

Yesterday the night mudlogger came over again. I was just getting ready to leave when he came in the box.

Chad: Opens the door and rolls his eyes.

Mudlogger: I came while the genius was here today!

Me: ??

Mudlogger: He said that you were the smartest person he’d ever met.

Me: To Chad Oh my, I’m very concerned for you.

Mudlogger: He said you were good with computers and you could fix my file.

Me: What’s wrong with it?

Chad: It’s a text file and we need to open it in Excel to remove two columns, but we don’t know how. We can save it to the desktop and you can work on it tomorrow.

Me: I’ll try once now.

Click Open File Click Check Accept Delete Columns Save

Chad: I didn’t think to open it that way.

Me: Here’s your file.

Unfortunately it didn’t solve the problem, but now they know how to open it to tweak it.

Today’s Exploit:

Last night I was excited to run because it was overcast and only 96 degrees. Yesterday it was 152 degrees. I set off trudging along. The road to the gate is 0.7 miles. I don’t go outside the gate because everyone tells me it’s dangerous. But the runs are usually pretty boring because I have to go back and forth on the same stretch at least three times, four if I’m motivated.

This time I got to the gate and a dog was sitting there. She was very wet and very excited to see a person. I petted her on the head, and then turned around. I got 17.2 steps when she caught up to me. She had found a way to sneak through the gate. She followed me until we met the horses.

Three horses, two babies and a donkey live on the property.

The donkey was interested in the dog, but my new buddy wasn’t very keen on meeting the donkey so she turned around.

I got about half way through my next lap when it started sprinkling. It was nice so I kept going. This continued just long enough that I was too far from shelter to even bother going back.

Then, suddenly, I was sloshed with a bucketful of water. Then another. And another. I kept going because that was pretty much my only choice. I met the dog again and she followed me to the gate where I put her outside and tightened the chain so she couldn’t sneak back in.

She was not happy about that. She barked and whined and yipped and jumped around and pushed on the fence. I felt really bad about deserting her. I could still hear her when I passed a couple trucks on their way out. I think the dog’s loyalties lay with the last person to pet her, because she stayed outside the gate after that.

I decided to slog through one more lap. I didn’t go all the way to the gate because I could see the dog’s silhouette, and I was starting to be uncomfortably with my drippy clothes and sloshy shoes.

And then I ran home and took a shower.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative