Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Saturday, July 10

Nessie

Yesterday morning I got a phone call, on the intercom phone. It was the driller.

Driller: I heard that you were making breakfast for the whole crew.

Me: Really?

Driller: Yes.

Me: Well, that’s a vicious rumor, isn’t it?

Driller: Haha, I’m just teasing.

Later one of the roughnecks came by and gave me a little hand pie and a soda. Now I feel guilty, like I am indebted to them and have to make cookies. I even bought chocolate chips and cherries at the market last night.

But I’m holding out. I haven’t taken the baking box out of my car…yet.

Today’s Exploit:

It has been raining, and raining and raining. A lot.

Yesterday I had Loch Ness outside the door to my box. I think Nessie was there, too. I saw unexplainable ripples every time I opened the door.

Last night it stopped raining, and most of the water soaked in. Now I have the pit of slippery, slimy muck, the kind that never comes off, no matter how hard skin, or clothing, is scrubbed. When I went to get groceries, and to search in vain for a two hole punch, I nearly broke my neck sliding on a particularly nasty patch.

Oh, by the way, the pit of despair is not limited to outside the door of the box. It continues to the trailer, and down the road, and into town. I’m pretty sure it has invaded the southern half of Texas.

Sadly Nessie left when the water was sucked up and turned into slime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative