Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Friday, July 30

Rainy Day

Only one puppy was left when I went to say goodbye. I was very sad that she had to live in the box alone.

Me: I hope someone adopts her.

Toolpusher: Oh, she’s not going anywhere; she’s going to be the rig dog.

Me: Good, I’m glad someone will come to play with her.

Toolpusher: Yep, she’s the ugliest of the bunch, but she’s the funest

Baby: Cocks head to the side.

Me: You’re not ugly!

Baby: Cocks head to the other side.

Me: Haha

Today’s Exploit:

It’s been raining here. It’s quite nice when I’m sleeping, with the rain crashing down on the roof. It rather reminds me of the cabin. Hot chocolate, a blanket and a good book on the porch.

But then I have to go outside.

This location is covered by something that, when wet, I can best describe as an amorphous blob of the stickiest, slimiest goo that I have ever encountered. The goo leaves us with two options of crossing the location to get from the trailer to the box.

1. Slip and slide in a manner resembling a very clumsy ice skater until encountering a particularly wet spot where one will sink in up to one’s knees. The remainder of the journey will consist of slopping through goo that is trying to eat anything that touches it. I believe I provide the highest success rate for the goo, as I don’t tie my shoes.

2. Take a very long, meandering course following the tracks of the fork lift. This works because the goo tried to eat the fork lift wheels, but was instead carted off to another position on location leaving normal mud exposed.

This makes my nights very interesting since I tend to cross between the box and the trailer multiple times. It’s even more fun because it’s dark, and I can’t see whether I’m putting my foot in normal mud or the starving gluttonous goo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative