Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Thursday, July 29

Magic Number

The other night I walked up the road so that I could get better cell service and a reprieve from the constant noise of the rig. When I came back I met one of the guys leaving a trailer.

Guy: Are you a country girl?

Me: Confused What?

Guy: Are you from the country? I saw you walking up the road. Not many girls would do that.

Me: Oh, yes. I grew up in a small town.

Guy: Those city people are afraid of everything.

Me: Haha

Today’s Exploit:

One day I was sitting by the company man’s trailer petting the babies. They were all standing with paws on the edge of the box trying to get my attention, and to bite my fingers. One of the company men walked in with another worker.

Co. Man: You know, they’re all up for adoption.

Me: Oh?

Other Guy: Yeah, they go really well in pairs.

Co. Man: Actually the magic number is three.

Me: I’m surprised you didn’t say six.

Co. Man: Haha!

They now have one left, and the Toolpusher is not about to let that baby leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative