Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Thursday, October 21

Find-It

My classmates and I have been given access to a game room at the hotel in which we’re staying. It has a billiards table, which converts to a ping pong table. And a foozball game and air hockey, as well as a Wii. It is a very nice suite with washing machines for us as well.

The most popular part of this suite is the billiards/ping pong table. Along with the sink full of ice and beer and the fridge overflowing with beer and the counter stacked with backups to replace the ones taken out to drink.

Another popular aspect is the window. The first thing done when we explored the rooms was to remove the safety bar that prevented the window from opening. Currently it’s the place to escape to to drink in quiet, and to smoke. The smokers are lazy. They don’t want to go all the way downstairs and across the lobby to get outside. They’d rather climb out the window and risk getting caught by the angry security guard.

They’ve been admonished several times for being out there.

Today’s Exploit:

The other day I was bored, so I went to visit with the last DD as he packed to leave. He told me he was trying to decide what to leave here so that I would fit into his suitcase. He claimed it wouldn’t be too much. (And it was more than a little tempting.)

While I was there, getting in the way and being obnoxious he discovered that a pair of glasses had been misplaced. I had once mentioned that I was the find-it person at home and in school, so he designated me search party.

We looked and looked. I opened all the drawers and cabinets and looked under tables and behind the couch. Then we looked inside the couch. It was a hide-a-bed. We found a toy soldier, but no glasses.

Me: You’ll probably find them in three months, in their case, right where they were supposed to be.

Mike: That’ll be difficult, I tossed the case when I got them.

Me: Oh.

He decided to look once more in his toiletries bag, just to be sure. And guess what! Not in a case, but right where they were supposed to be. Amazing.

Mike: Now you’re really coming with me. I can never find anything.

Me: Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative