Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Friday, October 1

Donut: an Epic Journey

Tad the Driller: Hey you guys, we should have PJ come up here more often. I’ve never seen you work this hard!


Byrd the Hand: I quit smoking in January. I traded my cigarettes for Twinkies.

Today’s Exploit:

Today I took some donuts to the guys working on the rig. They were pretty ecstatic. The first thing they did was tell the guy working in the derrick. (He’s 90 feet above the rig floor, so they only let him come down once in a while.)

He really likes donuts; they were doing their best to torture and provoke him. Then they decided they’d be nice and send one up to him. So they tied a string through it, pendulum style. Then they tied it to the handle of the elevators (the clasp that hooks around pipe to move it up and down above the rig floor).

Naturally the wind was blowing. The donut was banged against the pipe a few times on the way up, collecting spots of mud and anything else coming out of the well.

Hammer the Driller: Sorry Stephen, we tried.

Stephen: That’s okay, I’ll still eat it.

Hammer the Driller: I bet you won’t!

Stephen: I will! I’ll have it eaten by the time I rack that stand back!

By the time the donut got to him it nearly looked like a chocolate covered one, rather than the plain we sent. But, true to his word, he grabbed it and shoved the whole thing in his mouth before setting the pipe in the stand.

Everyone on the floor was looking up, to see what his reaction would be. They found him quite entertaining.

PS Dad: Today you should make leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative