Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Monday, October 18

Class Outing: Bowling

Yesterday I was by the entrance of the hotel waiting while me Directional Driller friends checked out. Their course ended on Friday. (Hopefully I can get some sleep now) So I was there to say good bye, and wish that I was finished with my course.

Another guy from another course was out there as well, smoking.

Naturally I cannot stand or sit still, so while I was waiting I was wandering back and forth, and spinning around, and practicing some dance steps.

The other guy took note, so now every time he sees me he says “Hi, Dancer!”

Yet another strange encounter.

Today’s Exploit:

The other night a large group of my classmates went bowling. Many of them had never been before. Somehow they elected me to be the coach. And they still won’t believe me when I say I have only bowled a handful of times.

The first game (?), (What is the proper term for bowling?) I won. I beat everyone. And I got a personal high score. The second game I didn’t win, but I was runner up.

Some other attendees:

Ariadna: Almost every bowl was a gutter ball. And she laughed at every one.

Rosalba: Asked me several times to bowl for her, even though she was quite good.

Alex: Very competitive and likes to talk trash. Started winning after I told him I’d win every time.

Bruno: Kept asking if we could go play Ping Pong. He doesn’t like to lose.

Mei: Every bowl skipped up to the lane, went through her goofy ritual and came back grinning and skipping, no matter if she had a gutter ball or strike.

Nicolay: Was very fast, and had either gutter balls or strikes. Nothing in between.

We had lots of fun and bowled until nearly midnight. Far too late for a school night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative