Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Wednesday, March 17

"No TV"

The other night we were tripping to start another run.  I left the Box to go eat and ended up watching tv.  (I believe I mentioned the Outdoor channel.)  When I came back I found that the computer had gone to sleep.  It was the other MWD's so I had to wake her to get the passwords. 

I came back to try them.  I couldn't even get the first one to work.  I tried every combination of capitalization I could think of but nothing worked.  I finally looked a little closer.  She'd given me her email ID and password.  So really there was nothing I could do unless I wanted to wake her again.

I decided to make do with my computer.

Today's Exploit:

I went to the safety meeting the other morning.  The night Company Man was very excited because he was leaving as soon as the meeting was over.  His good mood spread and all of the crew was making jokes.

One said that he was getting old because he was sore from tripping.

CoMan: You're not old. I have children older than you.  One's 32, one's 35 and one's 31.

Roughneck: Wow, you kept her busy.  Didn't want her to leave, huh?

CoMan: We had no TV. Ok, Tom, start the meeting.

I think he was a little embarrassed by that comment because he started the meeting before anyone had time to think about what he said.

The meeting went on and the safety topic was covered, and the joking began again.

Roughneck:  Hurry, we need to park the forklift next to the Cattle Gap.

Me: Hahahahaha. (I think it's hilarious that they call a cattle guard a cattle gap)
Makes me think of 2 groups of cattle with a gap between them.
Although a cattle guard could bring to mind something like a Mountie or Royal Guard

CoMan:  You'd better not get in my way.  I'll body-slam a man.

Me: Hahahaha

He did go on to tell a story about how he had some guy up off the floor, threatening to body slam him, but it wasn't near as funny. 

Ta ta for now. I'm off to do business.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative