Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Monday, August 8

The Secret of the Breakfast Taco

I’ve found a new author.  She combined murder mystery with faerie.  I like her books.  
Today’s Exploit:
I’m working with Matt again.  He’s the one I convinced to run with me.  He decided we should go on my normal run of 4-5 miles.  He hadn’t run in 6.1 months.  I thought he was going to die.
Anyway, this rig that we’re on is mostly populated by hispanic roughnecks.  
That means they cook tacos every shift.  
Morning = Breakfast tacos (Egg and bacon and chorizo, and sometimes peppers)
Evening = Fajitas (Whatever they have on hand)
Each morning they call and tell me they have tacos.
So far I’ve gone up, even though I don’t like eggs or bacon.  I went to be nice because they get offended if I say “No” too much.  
Roughneck 1:  You’d better get some before it’s gone!
Me:  I will, I’m just waiting for the line to get shorter.
Roughneck 2:  Don’t be shy, go get some!
Me:  Ok, I will in a minute.
Roughneck 3:  Oh, look.  No line, you’d better go get a taco before they’re gone.
Me:  Ok, ok.  I’m going.
Roughneck 2:  Only one?
Roughneck 1: Have another, before it’s gone.
Me:  Give me a minute!
Roughneck 3:  You’d better get in there before the line starts again.
Me:  You called me up here to finish this for you, didn’t you.  You’re not really worried about not having enough.  I heard you talking about having leftovers yesterday!
Roughnecks:  ...No?...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative