Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Saturday, August 27

Horrible

I have a pedometer in my new iPod.  Fascinating. 
I ran for 55 minutes and took 4475 steps.  I estimate that to be 5 miles.  Plus some walking in the middle.
Today’s Exploit:
North Dakota was a disaster.  
It was pretty and green and not entirely flat.  And it was not 103 degrees every day.  In fact I got up to temperatures in the mid 50s two days.  It was delightful.  And I got to run without feeling like I was going to pass out from heat if I stopped for a second.  
And it was the worst experience I’ve had since starting my job.  
I was completely miserable.  
The tools didn’t work, and I messed up and I got yelled at for not knowing how to fill out their multitude of paperwork.  In triplicate.  Sometimes in four-plicate. 
Then they wouldn’t tell me how to fix the paperwork.  They’d just yell at me some more.  
And after that they would patronize me. 
I wanted to strangle all of them.
So I had some melt-downs behind the storage shed and pretended the phone got unplugged without me knowing.  
My real manager is now my hero for telling them I needed to come back to Texas early.  
Never thought I’d be homesick for TEXAS.  
Disgusting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative