Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Friday, May 28

One of Those Nights

So far this has been a good rig. Lots of roads for me to run on, nice people, new equipment, a stray dog. I talk to the driller and the company men and the dog follows me everywhere. Today/tonight, however, has been one of THOSE days/nights.

Today’s Exploit:

It didn’t seem to be much out of the ordinary until I started thinking about all that had happened.

When I got up I called home, except home is now a place that I’ve only seen once in my life, and it was freezing with no furniture. Then five trucks drove by while I was walking along the road. I now have orange hair and gritty skin.

At the daily safety meeting I was singled out to add a safety reminder. When I didn’t have something amazing to say the instant they noticed me:

Joe: Everyone look at PJ.

Me: (the color of a tomato) How’d you know I have my best comments under pressure?

A little later I went to the other box to get a snack and some water. When I returned 3 minutes later, the dog had half my trash strung out over the location.

When she was finally brave enough to come back, I covered her with tick powder. We can’t be friends if she makes me itch by being with 30 feet. She managed to escape before I could throw her outside, and shook the powder all over the box. Now everything I touch is gritty. I’ve wiped it down 3 times so far.

To cope with the stress I’ve had half a bag of mini donuts, 6 ice pops, 3 glasses of chocolate milk, and read 12 pages of The Pioneer Woman.

And I have six hours left...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative