Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Thursday, May 27

On the News

I’m back near Marshall, Texas. Actually it’s Carthage, about 30 miles away. On my way here I had a craving for a hamburger and a chocolate cherry shake. I stopped at a Braum’s to sate my craving and to call Journey Management. I was quite disappointed. The shake was VERY chocolate and not so much cherry. And the hamburger was as big as my head and falling apart before I opened the wrapper. I had about 3 bites before I gave up. By that time I was covered in ketchup and had several pieces of lettuce and tomato in my lap.

Now I’m in the land of red dirt. My shoes were stained red before I got out of my car. They’ll never be the same again.

Today’s Exploit:

Being around roughnecks keeps me up to date on world events. Today they were talking about the news over the radio. I started listening part way through the conversation.

News Distributer 1: They just did mffgggrrrt to shut down the well, and now they need to wait 24 hours to know if it worked.

News Distributer 2: They have to wait 24 hours? How long does it take to know if it’s shut down? Either it is or it isn’t.

News Distributer 1: Yeah, it’s like shooting the dog chewing on your leg. In 4 hours he’s not going to be chewing on your leg, he’s going to be dead.

News Distributer 2: Hahaha

Here they got back to business for a couple minutes asking me if the survey was going to be ok to keep, or if it had too much interference.

News Distributer 2: I keep thinking about that dead dog. Hahaha

News Distributer 1: Maybe it’s like a Rottweiler; they’re pretty hard to kill.

News Distributer 2: Hahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative