Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Tuesday, November 23

A History

For a moment there I almost had a hope of being off for the holiday. But that almost hope was quickly dashed away when I looked at a larger version of the well plot. Probably I still have 2.84 weeks, just because I was hoping.

Today’s Exploit:

I was looking up some useless trivia and stumbled over a fact about Dracula. I am currently reading the book, and was rather intrigued. So I did some more research, because the gory facts were too disgusting to pass by.

Turns out Count Dracula may be loosely based on a real person. A person who actually lived, and existed, and murdered people in history. This person was Vlad the Impaler, a prince of Wallachia. He lived in the 1400s.

He fought very hard for his throne, and somehow ended up having three different reigns. Throughout his life he killed thousands of people, mostly Turks. Most of them were impaled, thus the title.

Eventually he was killed in battle, or possibly had had his eyes burned out and then was buried alive. And the next day, or a few years later, when they opened his grave he wasn’t there. The death scenario depends on the source. But they agree that his remains weren’t in his grave.

Woooo…he was already a vampire!

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative