Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Friday, June 15

English Essays are Boring


I should be writing a persuasive essay on an academically disputed subject. Which means that I could write about anything from abortion to why a bumble bee can fly. 
It’s just too big a pool to make a selection!
Today’s Exploit:
When I was working on my engineering degree I welcomed the, mostly pointless, classes that were required outside the engineering field. It meant that I had an easy A with minimal effort. I mean, it’s hard to get a bad grade in an Economics class with a teacher that can’t do math and uses mixed drinks for all his examples. 
Now that I’m trying to take some business classes I hate the extra “cultural” nonsense. Seriously, I have to take more English classes than I do classes that pertain to business. I also have to take psychology. I have to take all these classes because my prior credits didn’t transfer. Naturally all the math classes transferred, so I don’t even get to take some easy and fun classes. It’s just easy and boring and tedious English classes. Also, I feel like I’ve been demoted to high school, and the teachers are actually more lenient than my high school Humanities teacher.
I get four credits for each of these classes. That means that it’s supposed to take me at least four hours of studying each week to be successful in this class. 
I can write an essay that will get 97-100% in an hour: five paragraphs, five sentences per. The only difficult part is the choice of subjects when they say things like “defend a position that concerns you”. My only boundary is that I should avoid personal attacks on other people. 
I think that means that “people need to learn to take the consequences of their actions” is probably a poor topic choice? I plan on finding some obscure argument that I find entertaining and no one else will have a clue what I’m talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative