Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Monday, April 2

The Results are IN!

I try to be polite and people think I’m laughing at them.  
Today’s Exploit:
So, my failed countdown ended 17 March.  It started out with a song and a bang.  And it kept on singing some maddening 80s songs that faded in and out as the dude with the speakers played leapfrog with us.  At one point it started to fizzle and that last mile seemed endless.  But then the last half mile was an all out sprint for the gates to popsicles and medals.  
I placed 184th with a time of 2:37:07.5.  Cupcake placed 183rd with a time of 2:37:07.4.  
Cupcake didn’t want to finish, but I told her if she didn’t I’d post all of her most hated and nerdy photos for everyone to see.  So she finished.  And we had popsicles and she wore her medal for 3 days straight.  She even slept in it, I think.  
I was going to post some pictures today, but my camera cable is hanging out at home with my newly-set-up sewing machine.  
Some day I will display all of my efforts of Thursday night.  I spent ages on making silly skirts.  Cupcake even wanted to wear hers to work, but I told her it probably wouldn’t wash well.  I also forced her to wear a nerdy hat because I thought it would be super sunny.  
PS.  The kids who cheered for everyone until they were hoarse, and then handed out medals were super-awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative