Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Wednesday, April 4

And Then We Saw the Crazies...

unicyclefootball.com
Evidentially this has been going on for 7 seasons.  I’m not sure if that means years, or bursts of madness, or reasonable weather for outdoor activities. 
Today’s Exploit:
My sister came to see me for a week.  
She wore sun dresses and sandals and complained about being cold.  
I almost smacked her.  It was 70 degrees out.
I also forced her to run with me.  
We ran through the trails by my house and down the road toward town.  And then she had sore feet, but I made her run some more anyway, because I’m ruthless.  
Also I was trying to make her ready for a half-marathon.  
We did have some adventures as well, though.  
Like the day we went and walked around downtown San Marcos.  
We went and got some frozen yogurt with divine blackberries and juicy bubbles that I can’t remember the names of.  And we went walking to see what was to be seen.  
We went to a running store and tried on some feet gloves, and bought some hot pink shoelaces for my neon blue and yellow shoes.  We also saw who was playing at the music hall, but didn’t go to a show.  And we kept walking until we discovered some sort of party under some steel market tents.  
Have you ever heard of Unicycle Football?  
Me either.
But we watched it.  There’s even a website.  And they had a pretty good crowd of hippies, or hipsters.  Whatever they’re called.  
You’d think just riding a unicycle would be enough of a challenge, but some crazy had to go and try to play football on one.  
Madness

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative