Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Wednesday, November 2

Tired of Working

Today’s TV gems:  super-crazy preacher-lady, Looney Tunes.
I still get the whole back-story, to be sure I’m up to date on these wonderful shows, and the conclusion, in case I might leave just before the show ends.
Today’s Exploit:
I’ve slept four nights in my bed since moving it to my new apartment a month an a half ago.  Most of my nights have been spent running mile and miles to escape the Friday Night Fight Night or Monday Night Smackdown.  
Naturally the top four shows watched in this trailer are:
*The Newlywed Show
*Deal or No Deal
*Smackdown
*Whatever-other-fake-wrestling-show-they-can-find
And they wonder why I don’t spend evenings lolling on the couch with them.  
With the exception of the Newlywed Show each of these contains excessive jumping-around-like-a-lunatic and far to few articles of clothing.  They also contain horrible acting skills, but are taken very seriously by Pat and Ricardo.  
They spend hours discussing the results of the wrestling shows, and exclaiming, “Did you just see that?!”  Most of these exclamations follow very graceful gymnastic stunts where someone gets “knocked out”.
Another delightful pastime of my roommates is to aggravate the night mud logger.  This guy is not pleasant to be around, he complains about everything and is never wrong, but they get him riled up to a fanatical state.
The other night they were doing this as I tried to sleep, after only getting four hours of sleep the night before.  I can generally hear only pieces of their conversations, but this night it escalated into a shouting match.  When I mentioned this the next morning they said, “Oh, we thought you were just taking a long run.”
Seriously?  It’s been dark for two hours!  I’ve never been gone for more than an hour an a half; and you brush off the fact that I probably would have left five hours ago on this run?  At least I know the roughnecks worry about me, they can tell me how long my last four runs lasted.  
I’m stuck in a black hole of utter oblivion, half-naked TV shows and micro-scrutiny.
I want a day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative