Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Monday, May 19

So Much Sugar!


This week’s recommended reading:

I read this book all the time! It is one of my 74 billion favorites.


Today’s Exploit:

The other day one of the roughnecks stopped me and asked for a grocery list so that he could buy ingredients for cupcakes. He didn’t care what kind, and he was going to get everything I needed for them. So I puttered around the internet for a while to find one that looked interesting. 

I finally settled on Turtle Cupcakes. The recipe was for chocolate cupcakes with homemade caramel sauce and caramel cream cheese frosting. Then they’re topped with some chopped pecans drenched in some more caramel. 

I decided that it would be better to use less frosting and cut out a bit of the cupcake to make room for more pecans. 

Turns out this was a good idea and everyone at the rig was excited about the secret stash of extra pecans. 

They were also really confused that I hadn’t asked for caramel sauce.

I tried the caramel, and I tried the caramel, frosting and cupcake combination. It was good, but 2 bites was more than enough! They were so rich and super sweet! I can’t imagine eating multiple cupcakes at one go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative