Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Saturday, January 5

A Short Trip


My family is growing. Myrtle Mint was joined by Maya, who is her cutting. Then we acquired Allison (Ally) the Aloe. It was just the 4 of us for a while and all was good. 

But, out of the blue, one windy and not-at-all-cold day a nice young man joined us. His name is Jack the Cactus. Jack lives in the bottom of a windshield wiper fluid jug and grows little red and supposedly edible fruits. 

The thing was that no one knew where he came from. It took me a month to track down the guy who found Jack, dug him up and put him in his wiper-fluid home.

Today’s Exploit:

I recently made a short trip for my work.

My manager called me and told me that they needed me to go to Canada. Evidently the north has more work than we do and fewer people. And no one else on the loan list had their paperwork together. 

So I had a day to organize my work stuff, and was told I had 2 days to organize travel info, pack and get going. Also, schedule some training stuff.

Luckily they re-thought that and gave me another 2 days to get myself put back together and to actually believe that they wanted me to leave the country.

So I got everything done, and planned my flights to give me enough time to sight-see a tiny bit.

When I got to the airport I noticed that the section that usually says “Economy” said “First”. But who pays attention to details like that? 

But then we were getting ready to board, and I didn’t have a group number...and I was sitting in row 3. And then it finally hit.

Somehow I had managed to get first class seats, and my job paid for it. 

And then I was really classy and slept through the whole flight because my sister made me run all over trying to send her a spare key. She was really clever and locked hers in her car. Hehe. 

PS Happy New Year

1 comment:

  1. How will Myrtle, Maya, Ally, and Jack survive? Can you get a babysitera?

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics Alternative