Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Monday, July 2

My Abnormalities


Today’s Exploit:
According to George I seem to be the abnormal as an MWD. 
The first time he told me this was when we were picking up our tools to get ready to drill. All of the roughnecks were off doing other things when it came time to pull the slips (move the fancy wedge-thingy so that the drill string could move up and down) on one of the sections. George was going to pull them himself, so I went over to help and my night hand decided he’d help too. 
I didn’t think it was a big deal, but evidently I am the only female that he’s ever seen pull slips. But really, it’s not like they give us much of a chance. The last time I did it was when we were almost finished with a well and it was the middle of the night when the big boss-types were in bed, and not out making sure that all rules were adhered to.
My other instance of MWD abnormality was the last time I carried water into the trailer. I do this on a regular basis, we keep at least 2 bottles inside so that they’re not quite so hot when we need to use them. 
George: PJ, I think you’re the only MWD that carries water. I’m pretty sure that most of them would die of thirst before they’d carry water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative