Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Wednesday, April 23

A Quilt


“Most witches don’t believe in gods. They know that the gods exist, of course. They even deal with them occasionally. But they don’t believe in them. They know them too well. It would be like believing in the postman.” 

Today’s Exploit:

I made a quilt once. Or, rather, I finished a quilt once.

It was called a kaleidoscope quilt. And the pattern goes something like this, except mine has a dot in the center of each piece (and my quilting job leaves much to be desired): 

This one I found here

When I inherited it almost all the pieces were put together and all I had to do was sew them all together and quilt them.

It turned out to be a huge quilt and just right for summertime. It just might have a prominent place in a guest room if I get my house.

About 14.2 years later I inherited another quilt to finish.  

This one has more finishing to do, and will go in fits and starts just like the last one. But the current progress is nonexistent and I am working on motivating myself. I want to find a framed piece of a quilt made of silk neckties that hung in my room in Saratoga for inspiration. It has pretty stitches that I might be able to copy. 

These are some of the girls I have done so far. They each have very unique personalities. Some are divas, some are malleable, some are stubborn and some require great patience.

The green one furthest to the right is one a girl that seems unassuming
but will wreak havoc on your nerves.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative