Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Wednesday, April 4

Seventh Month - March

Found here


Today’s Exploit:

After my first anxiety attack I started using Cupcake’s hypnotism cd’s that she gave me. It’s a self hypnotism that allows one to go to a happy place and essentially tune out the pain/discomfort.

One of the sessions focused on taking something that causes fear and picturing that process going smoothly and without pain or fear. I used this to focus on my fear of needles. I listened to the session and focused on reducing the fear of getting a shot/IV for a week. After that I’d cycle through three or four sessions every few days. 

I would practice this at night, and I’d practice getting to my happy place quickly and with distractions after going to the gym. Some of the women in my class would make fun of me for taking a nap right after working out, but what do they know?

Thankfully I started when I did because this is the time for the glucose test. First needle stick since the terrifying first doctor visit. 

It actually went quite smoothly. 

I went to my happy place while I waited for the sugar sludge to do it’s job and then when they called me in for the blood draw. 

No shakeys, no hyperventilating and the nurse didn’t ask me if I was going to pass out.

I call it a win.


Now I’m done’ with needles, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative