Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Monday, March 20

Second Month - October

The other day I put my seat belt on. Then I reached back for my seat belt and was confused when I couldn’t find it hanging in its retracted position.

Today’s Exploit:

The doctor had told me that being relatively thin and in shape I should be able to hear the baby’s heartbeat on the doppler at this visit. 

First we did the standard questions: no blood, no pain, everything’s normal, please don’t eat the entire house to avoid feeling slightly queazy. 

Then we looked again at the ultrasound. Monkey was much larger, lounging like it had a couch just like Daddy’s. I can already see the family resemblance between Monkey and H. After sufficient ogling of the heartbeat and teeny limbs we moved on to the doppler.

We listened, and listened, and listened. Nothing. My entire stomach was covered in goo. The doctor tried checking the location with the ultra sound agin. All clear, lounging away.

Back to the doppler. Nothing. 

So she tried a fast switch. Found Monkey with the ultrasound and rolled it out of the way just enough to place the doppler. We heard maybe 3.01 heartbeats before the rotten little stinker was moving away.


Definitely just like Daddy. Anything that can get a reaction out of me…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative