Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Wednesday, January 6

Pull-Ups

A Klay Quote:

Setting: H. and Klay coming home for the weekend. H. called me to ask a question, but got a voice mail recording.

“How did she do the voice mail message if she couldn’t get to her phone?”

Today’s Exploit:

I can do pull-ups now, and I am very proud of myself.

I still struggle to do them with out a little momentum, but I’m getting there.

I do a “kipping” pull-up. Which means that I do a little swing and kick to get my chin over the bar, but I can do them. I am up to 6 in a row, mostly limited by he fact that the bar HURTS my hands. Right now my record is 50 in about 5 minutes. I had a partner, and together we had to do 100.


After doing those 50, the coach decided that I need to do “gymnastics homework” to do a new kind of pull-up. It’s called a butterfly, and it is slightly scary and magical and weird. You can find an example of the butterfly pull-ups here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative