Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Wednesday, February 18

The Challenge

This was December, but it looks Valentine-ish.
Today’s Exploit:

In the spirit of making new resolutions, last month, I came up with a challenge for my sister.

She has been trying to get more fit with swimming and running and being attacked by her pets. So I decided that I would give her a bit more motivation to keep doing those things, and maybe fighting back when the pets attack.

My challenge - 

Task: Hike 7 miles
Duration: 4 hours
Terrain: Mountains
Caveat: Carry a 25-30 lb pack
Deadline: End of June

If she wins the challenge she gets a prize, like a new pair of hiking shoes, or a weekend getaway, or a massage.

If she doesn’t make it I get to come up with something dreadful that she has to do for me. Like clean all my toilets, or smell H’s socks, or give me all her peaches from her awesome peach tree. 

Anyway, she had a total of six months to get going on this, and so far she has swum a lot and made 1 running goal (of 2) and gotten attacked by the super-excitable Eda. 


I think she’d better get ready to give me head massages every time she visits for 2 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative