Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Friday, January 3

I’m a Loud Baker


Happy Belated New Year. 

I have been busy pretending the internet does not exist. This might otherwise be known as procrastinating.

Today’s Exploit:

The other day I made some cookies and some rolls.

We were not busy and I wanted something to do besides trying to stay awake while sitting in an office chair surrounded by computer monitors.

So I made some Amaretto Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies and was told that I know what I’m doing because the cookies were not to chewy and not too crispy.  Not sure how I managed that, but I am getting better at pretending it was on purpose.

After I finished kneading the bread and washing dishes the directional driller, Dane, who had been sawing some serious logs the entire time I was in the kitchen told me I was too loud.

Dane: I wanted to take a nap, but you guys were being too loud.

Me: (trying not to laugh) Oh, I’m sorry.

Chris: It sounded like you were sleeping pretty well.

Dane: Why, was I snoring?

Chris: Yes, a little.

Dane: I guess I might have fallen asleep for a while.

And later to the other directional driller:

Dane: I got a good nap this afternoon, I missed the whole [football] game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative