Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Wednesday, November 28

Letdown


The day after my race, the big marathon one, I had a very difficult time moving. I did moderately okay if I kept moving, but if I sat still for more than 28 seconds my muscles froze. I would then, to my family’s delight, have to hobble around bent nearly double for the next 3-5.2 minutes until they un-froze.

Thankfully that was the worst day, but then I had to go to work where the roughnecks got to make fun of me for walking like an old man for the next 3.27 days.

Today’s Exploit:

I was really excited for my new class to start, really exited because I though it would be about business management. The title contained the words “Career Management”, so I was sure that this one actually might help me a little.

While I enjoy getting good grades, I now have a 4.0 in worthless English classes. I say “worthless” because none of the papers I received 100% on would have passed my high school English teacher, Mr. Patrick, without being slathered in red ink with a note saying “Re-write or fail”. Probably they wouldn’t get a passing grade from my middle school English teacher, Mrs, Babel, either. (I now beg for criticism at the beginning of each class, and so far have not received anything other than “Good Job” or “Nice work”.)

But I digress.

I was excited for a business class. 

But naturally, that excitement was dashed when I got the email saying I needed to take an assessment for my UNIV___ class. 

Wait.

UNIV does not equal business. UNIV equals general university class.

And “Career Management” does not quite equal “Business Management”.

Crap.

Another goal setting class.

Maybe this guy will have higher expectations and I won’t ace the class. Maybe he’ll actually have some suggestions for me. 

Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative